Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That a hybrid whitetail/ mule deer???
Left Front leg shot off the year prior or longer??
Looks gut shot??
You guys find it poached or something????

Ha! looks pretty brutal, huh? Here's the scoop.....

Found this buck feeding on shinoak acorns. He didn't have a clue I was there at a distance of 180 yards. I was sitting on my butt, with sticks, had my Tikka 695 Whitetail wearing a Swaro A 3.5-10x44. First shot whiffed. Deer looked up from eating acorns and wondered WTH was going on. 2nd shot gut shot, deer humped up and walked a few steps. 3rd shot in the leg, deer eased away in the brush. I'm baffled at this point. Walk over to where he was, followed tracks to where he was laying up in a clump of brush where the pic was taken but he still wasn't dead so I finished him off. To make a long story short, hung up a feed bag at 100 yards and POI was 9" high and right and wouldn't adjust at all. Sent to Swarovski, erector trashed, they fixed it and I sold it. Virtually same thing happened to two more of my buddies with Swaro A's. We think they suck.

You know you are blessed when you kill one like that and your gun is 9 inches high at 100, which would put it near 18 high at 180.

You know you shoot like me when your gun is hitting 18 inches high at your buck and you still hit it -- in the laig. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin