Wifey goes back to work tomorrow so I forestalled my shop duties another day and we hit the coast. Did a really neat hike from Tahkenitch lake to the coast, over hill and dale and through some coastal old growth, that totals 7.2 miles round trip. I fished for surf perch. The bite was ON; I caught a fish the first 8 casts and caught 12-15 before the receding tide killed the bite and I got too cold. However, they were running small. Didn't keep any.

Then, on the way home, a woman hit a guy on a bike, swerved off the road, hit a tree, came back on the road, and we hit her head-on. I had time to slow down enough that the airbags thankfully didn't deploy. I did jam my bad hip up pretty good and seem to have pulled a groin muscle. Cyn's back is going south fast. So we got lucky within the context of getting unlucky I guess. Cyclist was injured but will be ok. Woman driving the van was elderly and seemed intoxicated... pills maybe? So, we'll see how the bod feels tomorrow. Probably go to the doc just to document things in case the hip is well and truly horked... Pretty [bleep] bummed about the hip. This is my bad hip that I hurt skiing 30 years ago. The one thing I can't do, is jam it, and it got jammed. Ugh. Minimum it's going to be sore a while, worst case is my wonderful window of relatively pain-free functionality might be impacted. It was pretty bad for about ten years after the injury, then somewhat miraculously stabilized... fawk.

Anyway, pic from the coast today:

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!