Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by deflave
How long does it take a person to ride 65 miles on a bicycle?

And how many calories does that consume?

Captain calculator to the rescue....

https://captaincalculator.com/health/calorie/calories-burned-cycling-calculator/

I was thinking he wore some type of HRM. But thanks.

Nope - don't have one of those things. Maybe I should, but I don't.

I love hiking & cycling & Nordic skiing. Lift year round, more in the winter. Figure I'm banged up, but feeling good about being alive and still at it. Careers in the Marines and in law enforcement. Stayed reasonably fit, but it's a slow slide downhill. Trying to hang in there to do the things I enjoy.

Hiking (on snowshoes too), Nordic skiing, cycling, camping, fishing, hunting... Love all that. Finally I'm freed up from the 40 - 60 hour a week grind and I have the time to enjoy more of the outdoors, but it's a struggle to keep the ol' body on track with that plan. Too many old injuries. So - I'm not at all sophisticated about my workouts, I just try to stay active year 'round.

Spine problems have kept me from backpacking in recent years, but... I think I'm recovered enough to give it a try again this year. Perhaps even backpack in for a mountain mulie hunt like I used to do. I'd like that.

Hope everyone here achieves their goals and enjoys. I find myself a bit envious of MtWarden - he seems to be doing the stuff I can't quite manage anymore. Well, not at the level he's doing anyway.

Regards, Guy