Originally Posted by mtwarden
Thanks Gents!

Yup, was very late to the running game. It all started when we decided we do a voluntary fitness assessment roughy quarterly, for the Region Seven wardens when got together. We put together things like pushups in a minute, sit-ups in a minute, max pull-ups- all things I was already pretty good at. I knew we had to have an aerobic component as well, so we decided on a roughly 3 mile run and decided it would be most appropriate to do it on trails. Well I didn't want to look like an ass, so I forced myself to start running. When I started, I had to walk most of the 3 miles. Slowly more running than walking and eventually I was able to run the entire loop. Then something funny happened, when it was my run day- I actually began to look forward to it- I was 52 at the time! 3 miles became, 4, 4-5, etc. In roughly a year I got together with some guys and we did the Rim to Rim to Rim in the Grand Canyon; make no mistake I suffered, but I made it smile

That is awesome mtwarden. Once you start it becomes addicting. I tell everyone with every excuse in the book all you have to do is start. Once you start you will see gains and that is when it becomes addicting.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.