Originally Posted by mtwarden
wife OK too?

Thanks, it would seem so, but whereas I seem to have taken the impact through my braking leg, she took it in her middle back. So it's a bit "TBT". Pretty stiff. Her previously-injured knee is also flared up now. But big picture, lucky lucky LUCKY and we know it. The physics unleashed on that stretch of road at that moment were phenomenal, and for all involved to essentially walk away, give or take, is amazing. So we'll take it. smile

Unbelievable how fast it happens when someone just comes into your lane at highway speeds. I did the only thing I could do, which was scrub velocity and hold my line. I'd like to say my life flashed in front of my eyes but hell NO, I was still focused on driving. Proud of that. Nice to be able to remember this one in that sense. So, there's the crazy oncoming headlights gyrating ahead as the first warning; foot moves towards the brake, oooohhhhh fuuuuuuccckkk is the soundtrack, a moment of comprehension that yes, this is about to happen and that's just the way it is, and then the Big Red Van of Doom arrives sideways in your lane, and it's time to crumple metal, shatter glass, and roll the dice. Yeehaw! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!