The bike bug is a pretty awesome bug to catch if you are needing to manage or avoid impact; doesn't seem to be an issue for you Mike but yes, I think you'll love it someday. It's FUN. smile

I'm comfortable posting a pic of this part of what I'm making since these are not parts that are identifiable. Sorry, too much hating going on up top of the Fire for me to post pics of what amounts to my downstream customer's product. Anyway, those are 18" bars of 1-3/4" round T303 stainless. I make them into the shafts in the foreground. To date I've made well over 100 of these shafts. Not sure what they weigh but it's significant to the hands/arms, however, MUCH lighter and easier to physically handle than a couple of the other parts.

1/4 of the way into 2019 I'm on track to top 6 figures income out here, which was the "potential" with this dealio but it's nice to see it play out. On the flip side it's eating me up. Still trying to achieve a life balance that will work for the next decade-plus.

Shaft work is the purest work on a lathe, and lathes are the purest machine tool (because by their nature they try for perfection, you just gotta let 'em, which unfortunately ain't as easy as that, but point being the machine wants to make true circles) so this stage of these assemblies at least has the potential for some zen.

We are going on a camping road trip next week to Utah and I told my wife I'm gonna wear big oven mitts and just rest my hands for a week. smile

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!