Originally Posted by mtwarden
thanks for the tips Jeff; it's a tiny bit better this morning- I was limping last night like my foot was broke! found some stretches last night and will try the rolling with a frozen water bottle

I highly recommend the tennis ball; I think it you try it you'll see why. I tried the frozen water bottle but the tennis ball was the bomb. It has just the right amount of give in it to allow you to really work the injured area; the frozen bottle is too hard, perhaps counterintuitively, to get in there and grind properly. At least, for me.

To do the things you do, you must have a high tolerance for pain...... You'll probably power through it faster than I did, I was limping for several months. That said, if my PF was in any way typical, there's gonna be pain, and for a while. The goal is functionality... so I think it's crucial to get that affected area crunched with a tennis ball, stretched beyond belief, and iced, and then lather/rinse/repeat. It will bruise and otherwise traumatize the bottom of your foot. But that's a pain I could deal with, and it was the price for aggressively "releasing" the injured area. Mind you, I'm talking over a period of months here in my case, but still, point being, IMHO the trauma from the tennis ball and hardcore stretching was a huge net-positive over the injury for the simple fact that I couldn't put power through my foot with the PF; but with a bruised and sore (from stretching) arch, I could and can.

One final thing then I'll shut up. While at Steens that year I met a doctor who was also hunting the tag. He said he could've fixed it with an injection in his office. I assume he meant steroids of some sort. Can't speak to that, just passing it along.

Good luck man, you are an inspiration <grin> and I'm always rooting for ya.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 06/24/19.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!