Originally Posted by smokepole
Went ocean fishing today, I am plumb wore out!

I realize you are likely busting on me a bit here, but I'll tell ya what, it DOES wear me out! My boat is part of it I think. She's very light, and relatively narrow with a deep V hull and so cuts through chop rather remarkably but rolls side/side easily with wave action when stopped. And gets tossed around like a corn chip; there's not much weight to fight back against every little wave, so to speak. Putting it like I did the other day- like I'd been doing a hulu hoop all day- is maybe the best way to put it.

I'm going to look at a new boat this weekend and very likely will be handing over phat stax of $$ to buy it. 20' boat, aluminum for resale and easy towing, much much wider, much more appropriate ocean boat. A shocking amount of moolah by my piker standards but WTH, I'm having a killer year. Plus Cyn gives her approval (as long as it's aluminum so it can be easily flipped when I invariably want to further upgrade) partly because, she's off galavanting about in the mountains for a month chasing her dream while I hold down the fort and work every day. In other words, she really has no choice, haha. I'll put up pics if I nab the boat. She's a sweetie. smile The main motor alone (Yamaha 115 4-stroke) costs more, new, than my entire current boat did by a factor of like 8x. A wild hair for sure but I've been hooked.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!