Well, I went out and gave it try today. I normally use a bench rest stand and a rear bag when shooting groups and not using them hurt my ego! I thought they had a good supply of sand bags at the range and planned on using them but all I found was a 2X4 with some carpet nailed to it. This made it impossible to use a rear bag. With that setup and no rear bag this was the best I could do.

2.92" average for the two groups. Not that any of it is good but the one flyer really hurt the average. Looking through the pics I see several went ahead and used a front benchrest stand. I think I'm gonna cheat a little and use one myself when I do this again or at least find some sand bags that'll allow me to support the rifle front and back. If I do a disclaimer will be given crazy

Rifle is a custom Mini 14 with a 3-9X40 Weaver scope. Ammunition are reloads with 77gn Nosler CC bullets. No, it's not an AR-15 but I can usually get MOA or better out of it with 3 and 5 shot groups (with a good rest.)

Rifle and rest
[Linked Image]

Range
[Linked Image]

Results
[Linked Image]

I'm going to try it again soon but with a full set of bags or maybe even a front ADJ. rest and rear bag.