Originally Posted by renegade50
My prob is defining verticle center mass, need some shaded depth in an aperture. Should help with finer front sight focus, i got a decent ballastic advantage performance line m4 profile 16 inch barrel, its actually stringing 10shots a little over 2 moa verticle and 1.5 moa horizontal for a group with fed xm855 ammo which is probably maxed out performance wisr for that ammo.

THe hood will help vision but you have to have a square sight to help that out too....round will leave you blurred sides..

Then try all kinds of holds... Center, 6, sub six, flat tire, navy or frame etc... until you get what you need.

I found that I had to shoot half a match center mass and the other half at 6 or almost flat tire. Just how my eyes worked best. in fact the sitting rapid was CM with a severe cant under hard sling tension.

Nitriding, FWIW does not hurt accuracy. I trust Nez. Nez has played with it. If Nez says its fine, then its fine.

RE barrel steels.. SS and CM. Chrome Moly might even shoot a hair better than SS, but SS lives longer. Though when SS dies its right now while CM gives you fading accuracy so you know its getting there... I've had CM die literally in the middle of a match. Won the prone rapid stage with a high X count, and the next was prone slow and I could barely hold the 10 ring and worse....

I'll have to google CHF... not sure whtat that is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....