Well, I gave the custom Mini-14 another run at it and something went horribly wrong. I think my scope puked.

The 1st group went 1.85" and then the second group opened to 2.46" for an average of 2.15". Not bad for a Mini-14 but this rifle will do better. I'm sure of it. The range went clear so I walked down and tore the 1st target off and taped up a new one. On my second attempt the group was looking to be around 3" (not good) but the last three went all over the paper opening the group to something like 8"-10". I didn't bother to measure it. Hmmm, I let the barrel cool down and changed the target to try the forth group (on new paper hoping to better my first attempt) and some of the bullets aren't even hitting paper now! Down at the end of the range there are a bunch of clay pigeons at 225yds on the berm so I take a few pot shots at those. Dust flies up 4 and 5 feet away from the point of aim and hitting randomly high, low, left and right so I'm guessing the scope is toasted.

Oh well, this is my best and last attempt for the Mini-14 in the challenge thread. The scope is going back to Weaver and it's almost August. If I try it again it'll be with one of my AR's and probably not until late September. I only shoot because it's fun. It's miserably hot and the fun is gone for this year.

Here it is, 2.15" average for 20 shots.
[Linked Image]