Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by TWR
Targets were fine, I just need to buy another high powered scope. I have 1-4's and a 1-6 right now but I do have a spare mount.

Humbling it is but don't get so wrapped in accuracy that you forget a 2 MOA rifle in field conditions is better than a 1 MOA rifle strapped to a lead sled.

Field conditions. BTDT in the Carl Ross positional match. Not a lot of competitors there. Got a lot of lip smacking from a few high up members, but they never shot...... :

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lead sleds are for puzzies...

What are the diameter of the circles? Any info or link to the rules on that one?

That was shot at the beginning of this year and I believe would be the high score (19/20). I never even posted that target because the thread is old and there was not a lot of interest in the shoot. Mainly Formid, Carl, Prarie goat, Deflave and myself shot the event. Guys like steelhead flapped their damned lips (as per usual), but never threw up any targets...

Great question mr mountain... Here's the link to that shoot:

Carl Ross positional drill "postal" match

It's a timed event and is a little challenging. I about half wore myself out the first couple times doing it. Great practice for those of us that like shooting in different "field" positions.... One thing about it, You need to be selective about what rifles you use, because the big heavies will wear you out.... I posted scores and targets from just about every dang new "hunting" rifle I bought around that time. It's also a great way to weed out the ones that don't fit you well in different positions and the ones you don't shoot as well. Trust me, after running a rifle through this event, you'll find out which ones are good, which ones are great, as well as ones that are absolute dogs.... Give it a try, even if you don't post results. It's excellent practice.... By the way, I believe mr. Pat Sinclair tried this shoot, but did not complete it (no score) or use Carl's targets. Like i said, big heavies will get you... wink

The walking douchebag strikes again.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"