Originally Posted by wareagle700
Nice. What's the correct sight picture for iron sighted AR's? Do you cut the target in half, set the target on the post, or float your target above the sight post? I have done it several different ways depending on the target and rifle but didn't know what the service rifle guys preferred while shooting at black dots.

Just got a NM carry handle. Will try with irons again on Sunday.

Yes.
The correct answer is going to be what works for your eyes vs the target. The most important part generally speaking is front sight focus.

Then comes target contrast, IE which hold tells you the most, whether you are off or on, and allows you to see the most minor mistakes.

FWIW standing slow and sitting rapid I ended up shooting center mass. I could not do that the rest. Prone rapid and all prone slow except 1000, was 6 oclock. Not flat tire 6 but full 6.

1000 was sub 6 frame hold and we quit shooting after I'd only shot 1000 twice with sub six frame hold but dang that worked the best by far for my elevation issues. Got that from the AMU that used my ammo to set the 1000 yard service rifle record. Figured it was a fair swap of data.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....