Dry firing even off the bench, though I didn't do it the other day, it took me about 5 rounds to get good with the 5 pound trigger again..., can make a really big difference.

With optics if the crosshairs move, IE more than a tiny bit, and especially if they don't just quiver and end up where they were when you pulled the trigger, if they jump to the side even 1/4 inch, its likely a bad shot. Maybe not bad vs impact, but it certainly could have been better.

I don't have issues with the SS scopes, have one on the 50 bmg. Not my idea of percectly clear or a low light scope, but its been repeatable dealing with the recoil over a number of years now.

And if scopes don't track right, generally if you go 10 past whatever you were putting on and take 10 back off again, IE moving it 6 up, go 16 up, 10 down, you'll be ok as it tends to get rid of the thread slop...

Same with non pinned AR iron rear sights.... flip the sight against the sping and detent especially on elevation changes to make sure it hasn't drug/hung up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....