Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Phooey, did not improve on my score smirk

Dug out the Armalite 15T today, and tried a couple of handloads with Berger bullets. Over on Page 7 it shot .87" and .77" groups with 77gr TMK's. Today it might have slightly improved with the 77gr Bergers, but in both cases a flyer out of the group opened things up. If I would have taken the best 9 of 10, then the groups would have been .84" & .73" with the OTM bullets. The load was 24.5gr of Varget under the OTM 77gr, in Lapua brass, launched with CCI Br4's.

Also tried some of the 70gr Berger VLD match, in an ASC magazine, allowing a little longer OAL. They did not do as well as the 77's, however.

Think I'll try this bullet again, adjusting the OAL and and powder charge. I have an extra Magpul PRS stock too, and it may help some as well. I think mainly the issue is I had not shot the Armlite in a couple years, and more practice is indicated smile

You may have maxed out the barrel already for a factory barrel......

I think it's me more than the barrel, but I will work on a couple things

[Linked Image]

Nice shooting there tex. I'm changing up a few things on my Rogue Defense to make it more like my stag. Just installed the RRA 2 stage varmint trigger. It's not as nice as the trigger in the Stag. Damn I forgot to pull the trigger in that rifle and see If there is some kind of stamping to tell me what it is. It's pretty sweet... The Rogue Defense is going to get a new scope tomorrow too. Not that the Terra is bad, because it's actually pretty good glass when I look through it... The new AR specific scope should be better though. A little more X's so I can see the target better.. wink.. Yeah, I'b blind... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA