Originally Posted by wareagle700
I tried again today and followed the challenge with some load development. Either my barrel doesn't like 75/77gr pills, doesn't like Reloader 15, or I am just a 1.5-2 MOA shooter. I know I had good trigger control and a natural POA, I just can't get this barrel to group good for me with the heavy bullets. Maybe Frank White will take it back and check it out??? Overall, rough day today with the black guns.

On a birghter note, here is a group from my Sako TRG at 400 yards. Just a hair under 1/2 MOA with a 178 BTHP moving 2750fps.

[Linked Image]

There is a reason they make full 7 twist barrels.... anything like a 75/77 has always shot much better for me in the 7s. Before going to 90s, we shot 7.7s for a while, and then moved to full 7 twist and life was much better, especially at longer distances. The 6.5 twists we ended up with shot the 77s ok too.

4 inch square plate, seems fairly tough steel from the looks of it. Nice group. Answers your own question if you can shoot or not....

Once you know you shoot good, when a gun doesn't group, its the gun. You know when you screw up, at least I do.

Like the coach said, call that shot( meaning tell me where you think you hit, from what you saw when the gun went off, so he can understand why the bullet hit where it did) .... Ummm ( my shot call instead of saying mid ring 9 at 10 oclock) ... Come BAAACCCKKKKKKK

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....