Excellent thread guys. I've been following it and waiting patiently to get the chance to shoot an AR!!!! I couldn't stand it anymore, seeing how you guys are having so much fun. I am no where near a contender here and this was the second time ever firing an AR rifle. It was fun and I can see how it will be addicting. I'll be building or buying one in the near future: You can count on it cool. Today was a windy blustery/rainy day, then the sun would come out for 5 minutes and then it would start raining again grin, but shooting was good nonetheless. Here are the pictures to show what I was shooting. My buddy says it is the ATH Carbine Rock River with the 18" stainless tube. Rifle is just the way it came from the factory, except for the BCM charging handle. It is wearing a 4-16x50 Vortex viper (I believe). I'm not a huge fan of the scope personally and will have something different on the one I build. The Warne mount also loosened up while my friend was dialing it in sick.. I was shooting factory ammo, but I guarantee I'd be shooting handloads if it were mine, just sayin. I shot off the Caldwell bag shown in the pic. Range was 100 yards:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I focused a little better and actually focused the scope a little better (parallax and eye piece) for the second group... Duh!!! However, since my buddy didn't have too many rounds of the spendy CBC ammo and we aren't allowed to cherry pick groups, this is what it was.... I'm thinking the rifle I buy or build will be more accurate, plus more time behind the trigger of one of these AR's will be good for shrinking groups... Great thread, thanks for starting it and allowing me to play along...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA