Interestingly enough, the way we tested accuracy on service rifles was the stupid carry handle mounts, that are not very expensive and don't look like much, but yet even with those I've shot groups as small as about 1.25 inches at 600 yards for 5 shots.

Amazes me to see that you have to buy expensive mounts to retain accuracy but as you know I don't run optics on ARs much.

The best setup I have is a riser and regular rings on a 6x6.8 First hunting load of TSX it shot under an inch easily and one shot groups for zero checks are usually on or within half an inch of target at 100.

That being said, I don't think that buying a top line mount hurts anything at all.

TWR, 75 bthps, which cannot be pushed as hard as 77s, will open up as will 73 bergers. FWIW. I've shot a LOT of stuff with 75 bthps and never had reason to complain. A fluke really as I have a shoe box of loads, maybe 1500 when I started for practice stuff, and had quit shooting, so in need of ammo, took em on a pig hunt and they worked just fine so started calling that my grab and go ammo.

I have not shot much with 77s, but all has died, but I don't have much of a sample there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....