I rang some steel yesterday. Was a great day. My boss took a few of us out to a private range and we set up a freshly painted steel plate out at 400 yards. Just right for the AR10 308w and 168gr. Hornady match bullets. First 5 shots went into 2.5 inches, so I let my work buddies ring steel with my rifle after that. I was happy. Looks like this 308 was shooting a solid .6 moa (5 shot group) out to 400 yards anyhow.. I see other threads in the hunting rifle forums of guys talking about how their rifles are "1/2" guns. Then you read through their thread and they show you a couple cherry picked 3 shot groups. At least you guys here know it takes more than 1 or 2 3 shot groups to confirm your rifle is a "1/2" shooter ... When guys start threads like that, sometimes I like pulling out a pic like this:
[Linked Image]

.....and saying, hell my rifle is a .189" shooter.... We all know that is BS, but you know what i'm talking about.. I can't wait to be able to shoot at my range or even the national forest here. There's still a ban on shooting until fire season is over. You can bet your azz, I'll play along in both these games you guys have going on, as soon as I'm able to. Just wanted to share a story of yesterday though, while I wait for the NF to open back up and for gunner to shoot this event. Damn, what's taking that guy so long. I hope he know's I was just giving him chit about that Nightforce scope.. Wish I had one, I'd use the hell out of it... grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA