Having shot a load of 69s before the 77s came out, I wouldn't use 69s even at 300 these days. TMKS suppose to be even better.

So when you ran the Audette test with target in 223, what parameters of powder kept you in the group and how bad does your existing measure(what kind??) throw Varget in regards to that?

I need to finish Carolyns truck gun and load up at least 100 rounds before I leave back to Alaska again, and I'm still fairly convinced for general purpose use I'm going to run her with 55 or 62 barnes. Just rambling here...That should be a for sure all around bullet for use on anything. Anyone got a good load for 55 or 62 barnes in a 16 inch tube, 7 twist?

RE stabilizing 80s. IMHO if you stabilize 77s you stabilize 80s. At least it used to be that way. 77s were harder to stabilize by just a bit IIRC.

For 80s in a 20 inch tube you had to have warm loads with a TRUE 9 twist or faster. That would stabilize any 80s that were out circa 2005 at least.

Powder measures. Don't use anything much fancy at times. Redding BR30 plenty good enough for target. Sometimes you have to get a type of rhythm to make any measure work with certain powders. You know, one tap up, one down. 2 up, one down, 2 both ways. Etc.. helps settle powder and RE cutting the pieces.

I do run a couple of harrels these days. Afraid I might have to invest in a pair for Alaska too.

Run/ran quite a few rounds on Dillon also. Someone at one point worked on adapted those bars a bit better and putting a micrometer type end on the, I had mine done that way.

Bigger kernels. The Lee cheap 15 buck die. but it won't work with ball or flake type powder worth a flip but its more than close enough on charge weights for the big magnums. Sometimes cheap lee stuff does work ok.

Worst measure I had was factory RCBS from the 70s. Not even sure who I gave that to.

Thinking I might have to start with cheap lee up here, and a good all around like a Redding. Been working lee dippers up here for bits of ammo at a time so far.

338 is just an inherently accurate round.

Enough for how, have to get some breakfast going and start work on a tiny shooting bench before I fire up the 284 tests again. And talk myself into shooting the 458 off that bench if I get that far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....