Originally Posted by wareagle700
I remember you saying that. My experience with Douglas has been good, I hope it continues. I pulled the barrel this morning and reinstalled with a lower torque value. Originally it took 85 ft/lbs to get the nut to align. I lapped the face of the receiver a little more to get the nut to align at 55 ft/lbs today so maybe that did something. I also bedded the extension to the upper with a little loctite. I know its put together right, I know my loads are consistent, and I have no doubts about my optic and mounts holding up. If I can't get it to shoot, I will look at replacing it somehow.

I run mine up to around 35-45 generally. Then I cut off or whatever, to keep it there and get the gas tube through... generally a hole or a star "tit" needs grinding or nipping.

I don't THINK you can affect accuracy at the chamber area, but I do think on skinny tubes you could torque a flash hider or such tight enough to affect things.

After all I think you'd break the upper being its AL, before you 'squeeze" steel.

I have a guy I really trust, that is learning to rebarrel. When he is happy, I'll have one more go at a douglas possibly. But the last I had done was by Mickey, and every other gun he did was easy sub moa with Rock tubes, the one douglas is barely MOA if that just depending. Granted I've only tried 4 different powders and 3 different bullets, with weight sorted fire formed brass, but it just drove me nuts enough that it sits in the safe and I don't shoot it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....