I don't much care for the AR10 platform. It doesn't quite feel right to me, but I've not shot it much. I"ve shot the M14 MUCH more.

IT may well be that simply the more recoil just takes a bit more to get on board with, and thats actually a fact, when you are used to the 15, minor things in form magnify...

if you are simply flinching from the 308, then you simply need to, if you want to fix it, do a LOT of ball and dummy training... it'll break you and fairly fast.

Or you can simply adapt my mental thought..... its going to make noise and push back no matter what round it is or what I do, if I activate it.
SO... I may as well hit what I"m after in the process. I had to let a 300 wtby hit me in the brow left handed once... had no other shot, long story, best deer of my life at the time, and I knew it was coming, and a tiny target in the brush, so I turned it loose, hit what I was aiming at, found out that 180 nosler partitions are not what I thought they were, and killed a good deer, and had a heck of a headache, but the Zeiss had a rubber ring so no actual cut....

Carolyn shot a squirrel here with a 378 wtby one afternoon, said yeah it thumped pretty good but why miss in the process...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....