Formidilosus,
Got ya. What scopes in the 1-4 and 1-6 range would you recommend?

Jimmy,
I would prefer to stick to the plan as described in the OP. You are welcome to post groups here as much as you want but to be ranked in the challenge your entry needs to follow the guidelines. I wasn't pleased with my entry but I posted it anyway. I'll do better next time, that's what this is for. Print out the instructions and take them to the range if you have to, even I had to look back at them before I shot and took pictures.

Mathsr,
Nice, you should have stay put after the first 5 rounds though, looks like getting out of your shooting position opened up the groups. As well as I know you and know where those groups were shot, I need a picture of the range and calipers over a group for your entry to count. grin

Thanks.

From page one:

The Rules:
ALL targets must be shot from 100 yards.
20 rounds will be scored, flyers included.
The rifle can be shot from any position as long as the shooter is supporting the rifle. Bipods, slings, and rear bags are ok to use. NO bench rest, lead sleds, or machine rest may be used.
All 20 rounds must be fired on the same day, from the same rifle.
Iron Sights will fire two 10 shot groups at the reduced 600 yard NRA targets.
Scoped rifles will fire two 10 shot groups at the target listed below (different targets are ok, just make sure both groups are on the same piece of paper)
Iron sighted rifles and scoped rifles will be ranked separately.

Please have your post in this Order:

1) Picture of rifle and setup.
2) Picture of 100 yard range.
3) Picture of target (optics) or targets (irons) with 20 rounds through them. (place calipers or ruler laying over one group for reference)
4) Description of rifle and ammo used.
5) For optics, list your group sizes and the average. For Iron sights, please list the group size and score.

Last edited by wareagle700; 05/14/15.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."