It is what Travis says and what the rest say.

IF you know you shoot fine, its strictly a gun/ammo marriage test.

If you are not sure then it can be both.

Travis has enough rounds downrange and is one of those somewhat rare folks that may come across arrogant, but its confidence actually. That takes some doing and repetitive for some folks.

I used to think I really sucked, until I was having a bad day, and a Palma shooter I know very well says, how long are you goign to be miserable and shoot a worn out barrel? I says you really think so? Yep.

Put a new Krieger on as soon as I could, first 10 shots out of the Krieger were better than a LOT of the last shots of the old tube... I realized I had progressed, and since I had, I could concentrate more on both being even a better shto, AND knowing that I had to tweak the max out of the gun/ammo combo because I was at that point, somewhat capable.

FWIW on a side note, it still took me a few years to get to the point of being able to shoot 22 shots in a row without muffing a shot due to stress.... read a few mental books, figured that out, once I figured out how to shoot mentally, life was really better.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....