You guys all bringing up good points. Good stuff here. I know Formid likes those 77TMK's and they do very well in penetration tests. They actually pass the FBI standards and the 73 ELD match does not. Not a big deal for a target/match bullet, but if one were wanting a do it all bullet, the 77TMK would be the better choice. That and it has a higher bc than a lot of its competitors. I don't run 80's, not even sure my rifles would stabilize anything over the 77gr pill. Like I said in a previous post, I plan on taking the chrono out next time and test some loads and see what I can do with AR comp. Jeff hit on some good points about dropping charges vs. weighing them too and he's right. The highly competitive shooters don't weigh, but drop their charges. For me, that is by far the simplest and fastest approach as well... When I'm looking at loading 500 rounds of .223 rem on my single stage, Its all about dropping powder in and getting it done. Accuracy is usually very good and from what I've experienced with varget, it just doesn't meter well enough through my powder measure for me to use it. Your mileage may vary on this and I may need to get a better powder measure, but until then I'll keep dropping RL15, AR comp, H335, big game etc. etc... Now in my magnums, that's a whole different story... I weigh each charge on these big boys...:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Taking this one elk hunting this morning:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA