Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S

I use Varget now days.. I chit canned RL15 it was running slow. I use 24.5gr varget with 80.5gr Berger’s. I use varget with my TMK as well. Tomorrow I finally leave for home. So I will be able to see what I have for notes with TMK.

Varget is a great accuracy powder, one of the very best, but you can't get enough in the case to get much over 2600 FPS with 77's.

If that is enough for you, Varget is hard to beat; the only other issue with it is that it fairly large grained & doesn't flow through a powder measure nearly as well as several other comparable powders for high volume loading.

But f I was picking a pure accuracy load, especially for 100-300 yard work, at anything between 2500 & 2600 FPS with 77's, it would be hard not to go with Varget.

MM

24.5gr varget is my go to load out to 600yds for nra mid range shoots. I use Lyman digital powder dispenser so I don’t worry about the flow through manual powder dispenser. I’m getting 2650 with 80.5gr Berger as well. RL 15 was abysmal I’m pretty sure I got ahold of a slow lot of RL15. Its too bad cause I was getting phenomenal accuracy but 2560 with a 77 not good.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.