Originally Posted by Mathsr
The rifle is a Rock River Arms lower with a Mega Billet side charging upper. It has a Daniel Defense 16" LW barrel with a 7 inch twist. I have a Leupold VX-3 3.5X10 scope on it using Burris PEPR mounts. The forarm is rifle length made by Troy.

This rifle usually has the first three shots touching or nearly touching. The next two usually make a 5 shot group that measures between .5 and .6 inches. I've never shot it for a 10 shot group before and wasn't surprised when it opened up to around two inches. I don't know if the problem is the barrel getting hot because it is really light weight or not, but I suspect that it might be mostly the shooter losing concentration.

[Linked Image]

The average group size is 2.02 inches. I'm not surprised or disappointed. I'm also not going to change anything because I look at like the danger zone with this rifle increases as the barrel warms up. I circled the first five shots of each group just to see what happened to the rest of the string as I shot.
[Linked Image]

Range and Daisy the wonder dog.
[Linked Image]

Rifle on the bench

[Linked Image]

Ruler on the group. It isn't what the group was measured with initially, but it is as good as I can do from the house. Did I forget anything else? I'm trying my best to lock down last place and want to be sure I get it right! smile
[Linked Image]

Harry