Originally Posted by wareagle700
I think the AR itself, with a good barrel and ammo, is capable of great accuracy. I see no reason why one couldn't shoot .5 MOA if shooter error was eliminated. However, I think anything consistently under MOA is great from an AR given the fact that the AR is more difficult to shoot accurately than a bolt gun.

While accurate, your statement shoots your plan in the foot, IMO.

There's always some a-hole that picks at your good ideas, and in this case, that's me........and you.

By your statement, you agree with me that this test, while fun (and I'm gonna do it soon as I get my AR together), is only 1/3 about the rifle itself. The other third is optics, mostly including parallax issues, and the final third is the nut behind the trigger.

When I take your challenge, and I get to shot 7 or 8 (no matter how it's going), I *know* there's gonna be shooter error.

So what does this exercise tell us? Seems to me, and considering Blue's post, that pressure is the real test, rather than the weapon's inherent accuracy. To be able to make the shot when it counts, when the first 7 are tight, but you need 10.

While 10 is the number, each individual trigger pull is a test in itself.

Last edited by Fubarski; 05/12/15.