Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
BSA, that's good shooting & a very nice rifle, but that load of 20.5 gr of AR-Comp is only around 23-2400 FPS................for reference Black Hills MK 262 is nominally 2750.

I've been using AR-Comp for a while & am generally around 22.4 - 22.8 gr with 77 gr bullets for 2700 -2750'sh in multiple guns.

C'mon, man, ya gotta get with some Big Boy loads for that new rifle.

Here's a link to one of a series of trials done to attempt to duplicate MK 262 loads with various powders.................about 10-12 episodes altogether. He shows 22.0 gr AR-Comp as being around 2625 FPS & you are 2 full grains below that.

For the last year or so, I've moved to IMR-8208XB as my prime go-to powder for an AR for the most part, but I'm going to try some AA-2520 in the near future too.

MM

Cloning MK-262

8208 vs AR-Comp

Thanks buddy. Ill get the chrono out next time. It was raining cats and dogs yesterday. Ill bump up the charge weight as well and see about running higher velocities if need be. Im pretty happy so far with that new barrel. Seems like it will shoot as good as my Northtech Defense with the same barrel. As for 8208. I gave that a try in my 6WOA and they were all over the place. AR Comp flat out smokes that powder in that case. Ill stick with ar comp, as its proven to produce sub moa groups very consistently, in both my ars and bolt guns. Its good chit, as far as im concerned. More guys should pull out their black rifles and shoot this thing. Low velicities, high velicities, i dint give a fu ck. Put them in the orange, thats what its all about. Shoot, [bleep] or get off the pot/couch..

Calm down stone cold killer.. I use Varget now days.. I chit canned RL15 it was running slow. I use 24.5gr varget with 80.5gr Berger’s. I use varget with my TMK as well. Tomorrow I finally leave for home. So I will be able to see what I have for notes with TMK.

Last edited by 79S; 10/21/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.