Originally Posted by stubblejumper
Never hunted in Africa and I don't think I can afford a brown bear hunt. Therefore, it is fair to say I NEVER carry hot. Only time it makes sense to me is if you are chasing something wounded that can eat you or kill you. I don't put elk in that catagory.

So you don't hunt with a round in the chamber,but would do so if you were to hunt dangerous game?Personally,I alway have a round in the chamber when cleaning game in grizzly country,or if I have to leave some of the animal and come back later to pack the rest of it out.

Where are you going with this? Let me try to make this really clear because I am obviously doing a poor job of making my point. The only time I would �even� consider hunting hot is if I was tracking wounded game that is highly dangerous (Cape buffalo, lion, brown bear, etc.). That said, the chances of me going on a brown bear hunt or killing a cape buffalo are pretty slim, therefore, I think it is fair to say I don�t ever run hot.

I have family in Alaska and I spend a fair bit of time in brown bear and grizzly country and I do not carry hot, ever!! I hunt elk in grizzly country in Wyoming every few years and I don�t carry hot, ever!! So what part of that don�t you get????