Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Notropis
... I also seem to remember Capstick saying that one of the things he feared the most was walking in front of a hunter who had a loaded chamber and that Nash Buckingham did not have a safety on his favorite duck gun. I doubt, however, that I will change the way I have been doing things for over a half of a century.

That's the exact thing one of my friends, a bear guide says. He even tells of a time when he tracked a wounded bear into the alders; two hunters he was guiding came in after. The bear wasn't found until the next day. It had actually come around on their back trail. Still, he felt his greatest danger was the hot chambers the two hunters carried.

Its funny, this same exact thread is going on a Canadian board....Only difference I saw was that I had a fool tell me today that when he goes into the thick stuff after wounded grizzly bears he goes in chamber hot, finger outside the guard, with the safety off....

Even had a few guys agree with him, that safety OFF, chamber HOT, is better than safety on, or chamber empty...I was dazzled, to say the least.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.