Originally Posted by saddlesore
Ah. when was the last fatality in CO during hunting season from a gunshot wound? Certainly not every year for sure.I believe less than half a dozen in twice as many years. Agreed that 1 is too many.

While I don�t have the current figures, I recall reading several years ago(late �90�s?) that we had a season with one archery death and zero firearm fatalities. What struck me, and the reason I remember it, was that this was the first year with zero firearm fatalities in some time.

The most recent death I know of was the father who took his teenage son hunting for the first � and last - time. I remember an ATV was involved somehow � I think he leaned his rifle against it.

More people are killed from skiing into trees every year or waving golf clubs around in a lightening storm. ...

No doubt about it.

You are correct, assess your risk and act accordingly

Hah - we agree on something!

Sitting in a vehicle in your garage. Zero Risk
Hunting hot. Infinitely less than driving down I25

Not infinitely less, but very small. You just don�t want to discover you�re one of those who make it greater than zero.

Hunting cold would be an example of infinitely less.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.