I can't let this one go by ......like so many here. I'd like to relate a short story about a guy who I'd hunted with a few times and knew he hunted 'cold'. It was his choice obviously. I hunt elk alone but this time I happended to be with this guy on the side of a mountain in Idaho. I'd spotted a nice 6x6 about 300 yards down the mountain with the binocs and pointed it out to him. He didn't ask if I wanted to shoot as he just sat down on the ground and threw his rifle to his shoulder. I was watching through the binocs and since I knew he was shooting a 300 Win. Mag. I answered his question, "How far away is he" with saying "just hold on the center of his chest".

I heard the bolt work to load a round into his chamber and waited for the bang, half pissed off that he thought nothing of discussing whose bull it was. Still looking thhough the binocs and waiting, I heard again the bolt 'work' and thought that's strange. He sat on the side of the mountain and unloaded his rifle until I told him what he was doing. Buck Fever....you bet but he shot and missed with the last round in his rifle.

OK, so most of us would NEVER do this but the story is just one of the side effects of carrying cold. And I should add the guy still hunts cold. Some people should stay out of the woods if they aren't confident enough to carry a hot rifle....just my 2 cents and I realize to each his own. You hunt hot or cold, it makes no difference to me. wink