Originally Posted by cmg
Originally Posted by gmack
Long thread and I don't know if it's been asked in a while but..... How do the cold carry folks hunt with a muzzleloader?

Do they view that type of arm inherently more dangerous? I'm not being facecious.. I'd like an answer.

Both my #11 percussion cap inline and flinter would be difficult to get ready without at least taking my eyes off the game.

I believe the guys when they say they can "hunt" cold but to me it's more of a personal preference, this from a person who worked in industrial safety for 10 years, prevention, investigation and reporting.

If you "can" take the safer route, you are dense not to.

This from a person who makes a living teaching wildlife management and hunting practise to forestry students and guides in Germany and Alaska.

Translation of the last sentence - whenever I work whereever, my counterparts and I are handling rifles. I cringe at the thought of all those chambers hot...

If you can hunt (not transporting,"handling", etc.) hot with the an extremely high probability (.... not even mentioned in hunter education classes) of not having an AD incident then it is Safe!

But, how can I argue with Safererererer.

I cringe at the thought of anyone handling a gun, they "think" is unloaded, in an unsafe manner.