I still say that the act of an action manipulation upon seeing game has it's own perils that are under-discussed on this thread. We all know that a significant number of ND's happen when loading or UNLOADING a firearm. I really don't want to be 250 yards away, across the cut, from some empty-chamber guy when he doesn't get the shot and now has to unload his lever gun and then load it again! For instance.

The assumption of the empty-chamber guys is that they are all a bunch of cool assasins, and maybe in fact they are, but think if they had their way and every Tom Dick and Harry had to carry empty-chamber in the woods! I mean, seriously, think about that. There would be MORE ND's, I think!! I do not like the thought of thousands of buck-fever-stricken guys who don't hardly shoot or practice with their weapon suddenly needing to work the action in the heat of the moment.

Of course, the nugget of truth that we can all agree on is that in the end, the most important safety BY FAR is the head and hands and judgement of the gun carrier...

-jeff

Last edited by Jeff_Olsen; 11/19/07. Reason: fix mizspellings

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!