Originally Posted by Bricktop
Exactly how thick-headed are you? Look up the words "irony" and "metaphor" in a dictionary. Get someone to explain them to you. My kids understand the statement I made.

The discussion here is about physically loaded and unloaded firearms. As are my comments. Mistaken beliefs do not change the facts of whether a firearm is loaded or not.

I�ll accept your resort to personal attack as your tacit admission that you�ve lost the argument on the basis of merit.

No, the safest situation is to treat every gun as if it were loaded. Exclamation point.

While treating every gun as if it was loaded is good practice, it does not change the fact that a loaded gun can still fire while an unloaded gun cannot. The safest situation is an unloaded gun as there is ZERO chance of it being fired. Handling it as if it was loaded does not make it safer but remains good practice.

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
The Department of Wildlife in my home state of Colorado considers an uncapped muzzleloader to be �unloaded�, whether or not powder and bullet are loaded in the barrel.
Couldn't care less what your "home state" considers; that's not the focus of this discussion.

Nor do I, although I�ve never known an uncapped muzzlestuffer to fire. I was merely pointing out that I consider a muzzlestuffer to be unloaded when there is no powder and bullet in the barrel, which is contrary to the legal definition in this state.

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
But as I said, apples and oranges.
Both grow on trees and the metaphor for this discussion is that a loaded gun is a loaded gun is a loaded gun. You're trying to justify your reasoning through some rather creative circular "logic."

Not at all. I can load a cartridge firearm form the magazine in a second or so. It takes me much longer with my muzzlestuffers. As a result I tend to hunt hot with the muzzlestuffers far more frequently.

I�ll accept your resort to personal attack as your tacit admission that you�ve lost the argument on the basis of merit.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.