Originally Posted by Jeff_O
What was it Saddlesore said, less than ONE death in Colorado every year? Gotta be many hundreds of thousands of hunters.....

If you are gonna sweat odds THAT long, many many places to look before you start hunting with an empty rifle... IMHO.

That attitude is fine except for the ONE PERSON that draws the short straw...

Some years ago a member of my erstwhile hunting party discovered his saftey was for looks only - somewhere along the way it had ceased to be functional, even though it was in the "SAFE" position. The only thing that had prevented an AD was good gun handling (keeping his finger off the trigger) and the grace of god.

I would be willing to bet that most of the adamant "hot carry" types here don't really check their safety's functionallity by pulling the trigger after a round is loaded...

No one, including myself, will ever know how close I came to being the ONE PERSON that year. But I can tell you it was TOO DAMN CLOSE.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.