"Once the obvious fact it is safer sinks in and is accepted the success rates will not drop appreciably and it will become common practice. Will not happen anytime soon, but it is coming.
art"

Well, I dunno that I would take THAT from the discussion. Seems like most people are pretty vehemenant about hunting with one in the pipe, if that's how they hunt...

I think it's probably marginally "safer", though I still do have my issues with the idea of combining buck fever with a manipulation of a firearm action like that, but I don't think that's a major issue, just something that... well, I'm imagining a 16-year-old hunter all excited and cranking the balky bolt of a rifle, and it's not a safe-seeming thing to imagine, let's put it that way. I'd rather see that kid just popping off the safety in order to shoot to be honest.

That aside, the question becomes whether hunting hot can be considered "unsafe"- as opposed to just slightly less safe. There were upsetting blanket statements made by the cold crowd implying that we (hot guys) shouldn't even be in the woods. Hopefully, as things have simmered down, that kind of rhetoric has too.

There's an interesting thread on Risk Management going on:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...owflat/Number/1795021/page/1#Post1795021

That attempts to address that...

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!