CH you are absolutely correct, the first notch back on a SAA from full down is considered the safety. When carrying that revolver I prefer to have the chamber under the hammer empty as I must cock the hammer to fire it "five beans in the wheel".

Originally Posted by saddlesore
Iguess it is all matter if risk assesment taht we all must do.I prefer to go with a little more risk I guess. IT doesn't hurt anyoneexcept myslef as I hunt alone.

Speaking off risk assesment. I know lot on this thread think going around with a loaded chamber is assisne, but what about all these idiots doing snow recreation.

Two young boys killed by running into trees sking. 6 snowmobilers stranded for several dyas, caught in a strorm. several other snowmobilers caught in avalanches, several skiers sking out of bounds and caught in a avlanches. The last is a brohter and his siter in southern CO got caught in an avalance. The brother was able to walk out the next day and cell phone the polce, but hadn't seen his sister since the avalanche.

The deaths are tragic, but all attributed to stupid people and the rescue operations are paid for by the public.

I would not attribute these deaths to stupid people, these deaths are tragic but more appropriately attributed to people that like to take a little more risk, just like you.