Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
More personal attack.
Absolutely not. It's an observation of your communication style based on your inability to understand certain figures of speech, the inability to understand metaphors, the inability to notice how certain words are emphasized by being placed in quotations, and your literal interpretation of various statements.

Its personal attack whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

My argument asks for a simple yes or no answer. You've instead chosen to respond with a rather creative answer describing Colorado's legal definition of a loaded firearm that only thinly disguises your hypocrsiy.

I'll break it down to your terms: do you or do you not hunt with an UNCAPPED muzzleloader? Just answer yes or no.

What I�ve done was provide conflicting definitions, the legal definition for this state and my own, as well as how I hunt. You ask if I hunt with an uncapped muzzlestuffer and the answer is clearly provided in my post above as �frequently�. That would be a �Yes� in some circumstances and a �No� in others. There is no hypocrisy there, just decisions to act differently as I see fit in varying circumstances.

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Your "logic" thus far for hunting with a loaded muzzleloader vice a loaded cartridge firearm is that it takes you longer to load the muzzleloader. So by your "logic," it should be okay to hunt with a round in the chamber of a cartridge firearm as long as you leave the rest of your ammo back in the truck. Great plan.
Another non sequitor.
Absolutely not. It highlights your hypocritical argument.

Another non-sequitor, yes. The time required to load a firearm does not affect the safety of the loaded firearm. The reason I tend to hunt with a loaded (capped with powder and bullet in the barrel) muzzlestuffer more frequently than with a loaded cartridge rifle is that doing otherwise (even with just the cap removed) would cause me to lose shot opportunities that would not be lost with a cartridge rifle that simply needed to be loaded from the magazine.

What you've stated consistently is you believe the time required to load a muzzleloader somehow makes it less dangerous than a loaded cartridge firearm.

On the contrary, I have never stated or suggested that and do not believe it to be true.

Let me be as clear as I can here � my belief is that a loaded (capped with powder and bullet in the barrel) muzzlestuffer is just as dangerous as a cartridge firearm that has a loaded chamber. That is why I often remove the cap just as I would empty a chamber.

[I haven't seen anything yet in anything you've posted in this discussion that would qualify as either logic or "common" sense. You've stated that you think it's too dangerous to hunt with a loaded cartridge firearm, but you don't apply the same safety practice to a muzzleloader because you take longer to load it. You're either a hypocrite with regards to safety or you're very inexperienced with firearms.

To repeat myself, I hunt hot or cold with BOTH my cartridge rifles and muzzlestuffers as I feel appropriate for the circumstances at hand.

And contrary to your assertion, I have NEVER stated I think �it's too dangerous to hunt with a loaded cartridge firearm�. This is (at least) the second assertion you�ve made regarding my statements that is a complete fabrication.

Perhaps you would see the logic in my statements if you weren�t so busy inventing things to attribute to me that I haven�t said.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 01/05/08.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.