Just some thing to think about. How many of you hunt with friends and family? Is accidentaly killing one of them worth having one in the chamber. Would the 3-5 seconds it takes to jack a round in the chamber going to make that big of a difference? Could that few seconds give you a little exrta time to make a good decision about your shot?

I cary a loaded handgun every day and never (knock on wood) have had a accidenal discharge. But here is something to think about.

I was at the range one day with a new rifle that I had shot on 2 prior occasions and was setting up to shoot a group. I put one in the chamber and put the safety on. I then took a second to look through me spotting scope at the target and the next thing I knew I was hit in the chest with the butt of the gun. I was in shock. I look at my budy standing next to me and we both were in disbelief. The Gun just went off with no one touching it. I then looked over the gun and found nothing that would tell me there was a problem. I loaded another round and it shot fine. shot 2 more and then boom it happened again, now we looked closer at the gun and found that If the bolts was just barely touched or even shock wave from some one shooting next to me would drop the firing pin without ever touching the trigger. thank god no one was hurt.

Now take that gun in the field with a round in the chamber and give it to you 12 year old son to take his first deer. Is one in the chamber worth risking the chance of hitting the 1 in a million odds and destroying your family?

YOUR CHOICE CHOOSE WISELY. I choose not to have one in the chamber.

Just wanted to share a thought.

My Family, My Friends, My Great Outdoors, My therapy for life.