Deer season starts in about 6 hours...can't sleep..............shocked. Happens every season.....smile.

BUT.......having added one post to this thread and read most others ('cuz I like to learn as well and see what others think and why), I must disagree that those espousing "hot" initiated the spewing of disparaging, contentious, unproductive and quite childlike remarks earlier on than any expressing "cold" as their preference.

I believe that "douche bag" and "stupidity" (long for stupid, I'm thinking), were thrown out to describe those that didn't conform with one zealously leaning "cold".

Just sayin'...............tryin' to keep the record straight and the playin' field level........if possible.

Could care less how other's may choose to carry while huntin' as long as they consistently practice all other safe, gun handling etiquette (to include carrying "cold", if they so choose). Can't imagine anyone caring quite so much.

I am very selective about whom I hunt with and rarely are any other hunters within miles of me and mine when afield. IF I choose to hunt with someone other than my son and they/he engages in reckless gun behavior, they don't go afield with me or my son again. That has happened once and he about blew my head off from 4 ft. away (gettin' up from the prone after missin' several shots at a nice blacktail that I'd spotted for him....having chambered another round while still in the prone....turned my way with his 338 and pulled the trigger for some unknown reason). It went right over my head and I was deaf for quite awhile. Not good, but things work out, at least partially sometimes.

This guy quit "huntin" (thankfully) shortly thereafter and wondered if I could find a buyer for his 338. I jumped on it right away, for 2 reasons. He'd just recently lost his job and had 2 young one's at home and needed the $ AND he shouldn't ever have owned a firearm......IMHO. I accept some of the blame as he asked to go with me and I said yes. I like to help others hunt and my son and I had already tagged out. For the life of me I can't figure how one determines if another knows and follows huntin' etiquette before one hunts with that person? Seemingly squared away otherwise..................?

Another member of this site now owns that 338.....a much more deserving individual in regards to safety issues and being aware of such things.

Carry on.................

Last edited by magnumb; 10/17/09.