Originally Posted by Stan V
I could care less how anyone carries their rifle when hunting if they are alone.....I find it hilarious that we've become such a nanny state that some feel the need to press upon their comrades in arms how a rifle should be handled while hunting.

I don�t think most of the cold carry types care what others do � with the perfectly proper exception that they SHOULD care how others around them handle their weapons.

When I see unsafe behavior I see that it is corrected or I make myself scarce. When my hunting buddies and I go afield we have rules we all agree to � things like anyone can call for a safety check at any time and everyone actually LOOKS at their safety while PHYSICALLY CHECKING it before announcing a firearm is on safe. Before a rifle goes in my vehicle the chamber gets checked the same way, visually and with a finger into the chamber. No one has to abide by those rules but I don�t have to haul them around or hunt with them either � and I won�t.

Whether my hunting partners carry hot or cold is generally left up to them. I have asked people I�ve hunted with to empty their chamber for various safety related reasons (usually due to poor muzzle control) and they have always complied. Their choice, but if they had failed to do so they would have been very much on their own afterwards. In any event, they didn�t get an invite the next year.

Get over yourselves. Frankly, those that protest the most probably shouldn't risk ever loading a rifle, handle an auto loader, or drink a beer and drive within 2 hours.

It's OK to swim after you've eaten, it's only an old wives tale that you'll drown if you swim within 30 minutes of eating.

And of course no one has EVER been accidently shot, right? And the excuses afterwards � and there are always excuses - can�t recall the bullets.

One thing is true, however � no one has ever been shot when the chamber was empy, no exceptions.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/09/09.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.