Poot,
Now I know you are a hunter..tho in different country..and as I have said on this and similar posts:
YOU hunt knowing your own limitations, physical condition, terrain, how fast you need to move etc...so you are safe and come back in one piece.
IF ya need a takedown rifle stowed in the backpack, go for it.

When a hunter hikes his arse off in steep terrain he ain't hunting..unless maybe for goats or sheep.:)

He's GETTING to where he's gonna hunt and the rifle is handled alot differently..Slung up, unloaded, on safe, even laid down at times... whatever..
When you need one or both hands and arms to negotiate the country..the rifle gets slung up and safe.

I hunt like I hunted men and lions and bears and like I still can hunt with a bow.

Slow and deliberate..not like I was busting my arse..

IF I am humping into where I want to hunt( or out) the rifle is unloaded and probably slung.
IF I'm doing a run around on a herd of elk, rifle is safe and slung up..

IF a hunter is falling down and getting tangled up..don't matter IF all he's packing is a slingshot, IMHO, he's in over his head, in the country...picked a poor route, out of condition, poor footwear, fatigued, or maybe all of the above or worse.Jim