Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Congrats to your son!

I asked him if that impressed him coming from you, he said it didn't...sorry.

He's 14 and this is his 8th kill in three years, where were you per deer hunting at age 14?

Not trying to be an azz;

Spare me, will ya.......

If he saw it at 50 yards, it wasn't that thick..

just a friendly reminder that we are hunting a very different tag, in significantly different conditions. Change enough variables, and a person can come to a perfectly reasonable different conclusion... make sense?

Here's a friendly reminder to you too, thick is thick, and you don't have a lock on it. If you can't see 50 yards across a steep brushed in gully to see several deer coming down the other side in your direction, then you are blinder than a friggin' bat......he didn't shoot because he didn't have a clear shot until it was 20 feet from him up on his side.

Make....any......sense.....Jeff?

It would seem you are the one having a hard time realizing certain realities of all this......

And that deer is dead in a meadow.

City slickers and liberal tree huggers use such words as a "meadow". It's a damn black angus cattle pasture on that side of that ridge, cleared off and kept cleared off since the civil war days. Battles were probably fought right there. It ain't a "meadow", dude, it's a vast and steep in places open field, at best,of about 200 acres on that side, and if you could read, or deduce the pixelated imagary presented to you, you would know the boy is at the very top of the ridge with the thick side of it behind him...and the spike ran about 60 yards up and over the top.

But then, that would require that you acknowledge that the roughly 80% of us guys hunting "hot" might have a clue too. smile

I'll acknowledge that you "think" you have a clue, though that don't always make it so...........

[Linked Image]