CAS with all due respect to another long time poster here, your line of questioning is unrealistic for me to answer.

There are plenty of things in life we do one way or another based on conditions. I'm quite certain that not everything you or I do,... every single time we do it,.... is done exactly the same. Not everything can be managed this way.

Again, My power to articulate this may not be up to the task. If it's too complex to understand this from what I have written here then I apologize.

I would not likely wear my seatbelt to pull my truck from the garage 20 yards or so,... so I could wash it in the drive way. That does not mean it's always safe to drive without a seatbelt. Maybe this analogy helps a little bit? If not....... Well I'm sorry, you're on your own to make what you wish of my post and my opinion on this topic.

I suppose the complexity of this is well beyond my mental capacity to grasp. I must carry hot for much of my work, and my recreational sport hunting persuits. I cannot imagine for one second that I would be knocking pheasants down with any......even marginal success carrying my shotgun empty. This involves fighting bush and sidehills, mud, sand, snow, and every earthly possibility. All while watching everything but where I place my feet. I've never met an upland hunter who did otherwise, nor have I ever heard a single one suggest it.

Yet while using a rifle and sneaking slowly and deliberately through the bush watching each step carfully to prevent a single twig from snapping is somehow more dangerous and higher risk. I'm quite simply not intelligent enough to grasp these matters nor to understand the point of this debate.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)