Todd_Bradford �

Unfortunately the first and second-most common types of shooting accidents do not eliminate the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and other most common types.

There is no doubt that there are times when it is appropriate to hunt with a round in the chamber, cocked and safety on. Nor is it hard to imagine situations when it might be best to be loaded and cocked with the safety off, especially in DG country. That said, there are many situations in which the condition of the chamber makes absolutely no difference as to whether game is harvested or not. Nor is there any known instance � none - where someone bas been shot with an empty chamber.

There are no shortage of �in the field" hunting accidents where the trigger was not intentionally pulled, certainly not here in Colorado and I�m sure the rest of the country as well. Further, many accidents occur during the process of loading and unloading a firearm, as well as due to a failure to unload a firearm. I�m quite sure the victims would disagree that the debate is �a bit overblown�. I suspect you have never been seriously injured or killed by �friendly fire�.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 02/26/08.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.