Originally Posted by Jeff_O
For an example of how folks tend to handle firearms when they "know" the chamber is empty, spend an hour in any gun shop. I agree-a good gun handler, with an empty chamber, is darn safe. But, offsetting that IMHO is the idea of all the bad gun handlers put there... Thinking they have an empty chamber, when they don't. In a season's hunting, in a 100% mandated "cold carry" scenario, rifles would get chambered a LOT. They'd get un-chambered again some smaller number of times... There's risk there, too.

As to risks, manage them as you see fit. Driving 55 on the highway is probably your statistically best place to start- for you and the people around you. Do it for the children.

So... Safe to say the cold carry guys will be the ones putzing along in the slow lane...? smile

My only real interest here is when guys say that hot-carry hunters don't belong in the woods... Dunno if that's happened lately as I'm not monitoring this. It did happen earlier in the thread. Other than that, who cares... Do as you see fit.

This has been beat to death yet you chose to thread it and then bump it a year later. Bottom line is few will change so it's just you trolling.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris