Originally Posted by ChrisF
My 1903A3, which I posted to show the same Bishop stock worn by the initial Remington 700s of the Vietnam ( and the .30-06 match rifles used stateside), was "restocked" (from 1903A4 sniper stock). I don't need to use Google, but if you want to believe the postings of some wannabe who was not even born in the 1960s, vs the direct knowledge of myself, go ahead. I can often use Google, NEXIS, or some photo service on the Internet to point you to the original words of others.

EC Bishop stocks were used on 1903A3 Springfield rifles used in competition and training by the US Army and the USMC. I posted a photo of one of them, which I now own. It orginally had an M84 telescopic sight mounted on it, in a Redfield base and ring set.

Let me understand this correctly. That Springfield on the first first page was an A3 that was stocked as an A4 AND scoped with an M84, which was then restocked with a Bishop Sporter stock?

That Bishop stock looks like any number of Monte Carlo stocks that were being produced back in the 1960's. The standard Remington Monte Carlo stocks are a closer match to the M40 pattern (sans checkering, grip and fore end caps, and shiny finish).
[Linked Image]

Chris, you are exactly right. And anyone who has actually examined and handled an early m40 and 1960s BDL/ADL rifles knows that..Or, a person with reasoanably good eyesight could even see it from pics..

But in the "Bizzaro world" of the blind, brazzen liars like Lee24-these two stocks are IDENTICAL.. Just like Black and White are the same color..

Lee's POS Bishop stock made for iron sights
[Linked Image]

An origional m40 stock

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jim62; 12/22/09.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt