Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Lee24
Barkuff, if you think I gave anyone bad advice on any subject, start a thread about it, and I will explain it or retract it.

Until then, you are just insulting me without any examples to back it up - which is worthless slander.

Well that is not for me to say, I don't know jack compared to those on this site. However maybe you can explain why the reaction you illicit should not concern me or give me pause?

I can see how you could read this as an insult and I do apologize for that, but slander? How can one's opinion on the validity of advice given possibly be slander? Opinion is just that, never said you were lying, only showed doubt over the reaction you draw to yourself.

I was just joking. There is plenty to learn here if your waders are high enough to wade through the bullshit. It doesn't take long to figure out who knows what they are talking about on most forums.

Now back on track, why did M40's come with clip slots? Its not like you can use a stripper clip with a scope in place?

Probably because someone, somewhere, thought someone, somewhere, might someday, possibly, use iron sights on the thing. Then a stripper clip might be useful, possibly......

Or maybe because they do that on some 40X over-the-course match rifles, IIRC, all the M40s/M24s are supposed to be iron sight ready.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.